Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Inside a Patriots fan's head: week 1

With only 1 day left until NFL football officially returns, and the Patriots kick off their 2015 season...as the reigning champs, I must add...I'm all sorts of mixed emotions. Excited is the biggest one, of course! But also...just like every season...I'm anxious, nervous, jittery, slightly confused (but i stay confused. hahaha), but mostly, I'm freaking excited. And ready to watch Brady and my Patriots destroy every team we play this season. 

With all of that being said, I thought I would take it upon myself to give everyone a little inside look into the minds of *diehard* Patriots fans across the world, as our season opener is quickly approaching. 

Ehem, I now present: thoughts running through every Pats fans mind - week 1 edition:


  • "I basically spend my entire life wondering what exactly Belichick is doing. But hey, in Bill I trust." --- this especially ran through my mind when I saw that we cut Jonas Gray, yesterday. I was literally scratching my head, but then I decided that if Coach says we don't need him, we don't need him.
  • "Let's make bets on what the first offensive play-call of the season is going to be...think like McDaniel's everyone! Run on 1st & 10, run on 2nd & 9, and deep pass on 3rd & 2...sounds about right." --- very McDaniels - like .
  • "Please don't let Gronk get hurt this season, please don't let Gronk get hurt this season, please don't let Gronk get hurt this season." --- I mean does this one even need an explanation? Let's bubble wrap him before every game this season.
  • "All I want for Christmas is a Patriots Super Bowl win. And 53 jerseys, one for every player on the roster." --- this is literally me, and surely I'm not alone. 
  • "I'm finally able to go a couple days without crying because Wilfork isn't a Patriots anymore...it's tough, though. *wipes a tear*" --- gonna miss the big man in New England but I know he will absolutely tear it up in Houston. 
  • "Ughhh, we still have Josh McDaniels?" --- don't even try to lie and say that you don't want Bill O'Brien back as offensive coordinator. But hey, let's cut McDaniel's some slack...I mean we did just win the Super Bowl. 
  • "I wonder who Brady is gonna throw his first pass of the season, to...Gronk, Gronk, orrr maybe Gronk?" --- ya know, because everyone says Brady always forces it to Gronk? Hahaha
  • "I can't wait to them raise that Championship banner. The Lombardi is finally back where it belongs." --- plus, it's probably the only time we see Belichick smile this whole season. Enjoy it while we can, PatsNation. 
As always, go Patriots! 

No comments:

Post a Comment